Cirrus Identity is an innovative identity solutions provider serving primarily the Higher Education and Research community. We serve over 140 universities and research organizations. The majority are US based, but we are expanding to other countries as well. Our team consists of many seasoned professionals who have worked at universities in the past. We value:
• Curiosity and resourcefulness
• Dedication to helping customers solve problems
• Commitment to each other and the growth of the company
• Follow through on agreements
• Kindness and professionalism with each other and with our customers
Our headquarters are in Oakland, CA, but our team is largely remote. We use a variety of tools such as video-conferencing, Slack, ticketing systems, issue trackers and email to ensure close collaboration.
Cirrus Identity is a small company, so everyone is a Jack or Jill of multiple trades. The goal is to build cool, effective, affordable identity solutions in an environment that fosters a sense of teamwork and camaraderie.
Each staff member has one or more key areas of focus. The primary job functions for this role are described below.
Product Implementation Support
This position will take point on technical implementation of Cirrus solutions for the customer. The vast majority of these implementations will involve authentication solutions for one or more applications. Much of the configuration for integrating Cirrus solutions happens at the primary campus SSO Identity Provider (for example Microsoft Azure AD or Okta), and the target applications for login (for example Canvas, Salesforce, Slate, Financial Aid applications, library, or research applications).
We are seeking someone who has experience with single sign-on integrations, particularly SAML integrations. Ideally the candidate will have assisted in troubleshooting common authentication issues, such as attribute release and attribute mapping.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
• Serve as the primary technical lead with customers as they implement and deploy Cirrus solutions
• Assist customers in configuring applications in enterprise IAM systems like Microsoft Azure AD:
• adding new enterprise applications
• creating custom attribute maps
• defining and configuring conditional access settings
• importing required attributes into Azure AD and creating extension attributes where necessary
• Advise customers on Service Provider configurations to support SSO integrations and migrations
• Assist customers in testing SSO flows during migration projects
• Work with the Cirrus Identity Director of Customer Success to validate customer requirements, review onboarding documentation, and participate in kickoff calls from a technical perspective
• Serve as liaison with Cirrus Identity engineering team as issues surface during implementations
• Create and Maintain customer-facing documentation for product implementation.
• Update documentation based on feedback from current customers.
Pre and post sale implementation support
Pre-sale and on-boarding, this position will participate on some calls with sales prospects to answer questions about technical implementation. Each customer is assigned a Customer Success Manager and a Technical Implementer, and this position would serve in the latter role, taking point on advising the customer during all stages of on-boarding.
After a customer has gone live, this position will be responsible for helping resolve operational technical issues with Cirrus solutions as reported by customers.
Cirrus utilizes Freshdesk as a ticketing system for reporting problems and corresponding during troubleshooting. The person in this role will be an integral part of the Cirrus Identity customer support team. Specific responsibilities will include:
• Work with customers, Director of Customer Success, Director of Product, and Cirrus Engineering team to diagnose authentication issues and determine solutions
• Review tickets daily, and assist the Director of Customer Success in closing or responding to tickets as appropriate
• Participate in monthly or quarterly check-ins with existing customers to ensure solutions are running smoothly and look for opportunities to improve and/or expand services
• Based on experience in the field, make recommendations to the Director of Product for enhancements that will address common challenges
• Serve as liaison with Cirrus Identity engineering team as operational issues surface. Escalate customer issues to engineering as appropriate
• Routing customer issues to Cirrus engineering using Freshdesk and/or JIRA
• Extensive experience with at least one of the following:
• Microsoft Azure AD SSO integrations
• Configuring and managing a SAML Identity Provider registered in a Higher Education trust federation (such as InCommon, UK Federation, Canadian Access Federation, or others)
• Basic understanding of SAML-based SSO
• Experience troubleshooting SSO integrations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to problem solve and think strategically
• Collaborative team player
• Highly committed to customer success
• Basic understanding of OIDC/OAuth2-based SSO integrations
• Experience with Okta or ADFS SSO integrations
• Familiarity with the CAS protocol
• Previous experience in IT operations within a Higher Education or research organization
• Experience with a variety of IAM solutions
Competitive salaries (salary will be set based on skills and experience; target range for this position is $80-110K annual), generous PTO, and health benefits.
Must be willing to work primarily West Coast business hours (9-5 Pacific)
After initial orientation period, scheduled off-hour and on-call work will be expected
Background check required
Equal opportunity employer
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com